The example below is a checklist for information you need when filling out a Small Estate Affidavit. Please use our checklist as a reference when conducting research on filling out your affidavit.
Small Estate Affidavit Checklist
- Make sure you have the name and address of each surviving heir and their relationship to the Decedent.
- A list and description of each asset to be distributed along with the fair market value and the name of the recipient.
- A list of all unpaid expenses and debts of the Decedent, including funeral costs.
- If the deceased died intestate or testate.
- A copy of the Decedent’s Death Certificate.
- A copy of the Decedent’s Social Security Number.
- You must attach a cover sheet if required to do so.
- Find a notary public to notarize the Affidavit of Small Estate.
- Line up disinterested witnesses to attest to the Affidavit.
Click here to start a free Small Estate Affidavit that you can customize with your own personal information.