Build your own Small Estate Affidavit personalized with your own state, county or parish information. Do it yourself and save money with our free Small Estate Affidavit template. It takes only 5 minutes to fill out and the form is completely online.
The example below is a blank Small Estate Affidavit that can be used as a reference when conducting research on filling out your affidavit.
Blank Generic Affidavit of Small Estate Form
State of __________________
County of _________________
The undersigned state(s) as follows:
1. _______________________________________ died on ___________, 20____, in the County of
_____________________________, State of _________________.
2. At least _______ days have elapsed since the death of the decedent, as shown in a certified copy of the decedent’s
death certificate attached to this affidavit or declaration.
3. No proceeding is now being or has been conducted in ______________ for administration of the decedent’s
The decedent’s personal representative has consented in writing to the payment, transfer, or delivery to
the affiant or declarant of the property described in the affidavit or declaration.
4. The current gross fair market value of the decedent’s real and personal property in _____________, excluding the
property described in ____________________ Probate Code, does not exceed _____________________.
5. An inventory and appraisal of the real property included in the decedent’s estate is attached.
There is no real property in the estate.
6. The following property to be transferred, delivered, or paid to the affiant under the provisions of _________________:
7. The successor(s) of the decedent, as defined in _________________ is/are:
8. The undersigned
The affiant or declarant is the successor of the decedent to the decedent’s interest in the described property.
The affiant or declarant is authorized under _______________________________ to act on
behalf of the successor of the decedent with
respect to the decedent’s interest in the described property.
9. No other person has a superior right to the interest of the decedent in the described property.
10. The affiant or declarant requests that the described property be paid, delivered, or transferred to the affiant
The affiant or declarant affirms or declares under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of ______________ that
the foregoing is true and correct.
The Affidavit of Small Estate must also be notarized.